Family Wellness Program
CHI St. Joseph Children’s Health is here to help.
CHI St. Joseph Children’s Health’s innovative family wellness program supports you and your family in promoting healthier habits and community involvement for the purpose of achieving overall health and wellness.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) defines wellness not as the absence of disease, illness, or stress but the presence of purpose in life, active involvement in satisfying work and play, joyful relationships, a healthy body and living environment, and happiness.
Family Wellness Coaches
Our Family Wellness Coaches are professionals that help to guide each family in setting a plan that can put your family on the path to reaching defined wellness goals. By utilizing a variety of research- based strategies, coaches help turn family needs into small, achievable actions that lead to long lasting changes.
Our coaches will:
- Assess your family’s health and wellness strengths and needs in ten defined areas of wellness. Some of these areas include physical health, family engagement, parenting, nutrition, and more.
- Provide strategies and materials related to the needs and topics of interest to your family.
- Create a working plan of action with your family during each session.
- Collaborate with your family to implement strategies within the home and/or community setting to address needs and topics of interest.
- Act as a liaison between your family and community supports such as schools and outside clinicians.
This service is offered to the Lancaster Community as a part of the commitment of CHI St. Joseph Children’s Health to supporting local families. There is no cost for families to enroll and participate in the Family Wellness Program.